Types Of Bugs
Organisms that cause disease, nuisance, and damage to property are categorised as pests. A small collection of insects or bugs is only a minor irritant. But a large scale destruction of furniture by termites is definitely an infestation. Diversity and ignorance are two main factors in the creation and spread of pestilence. There are various types of bugs and pest id is essential for effective removal or control. Food chain is a Nature’s gift and insects cannot be easily classified into good, bad, or ugly.
- Dragonflies feast on mosquitoes, while aphids and mites are devoured by lady beetles.
- Spiders, house and garden lizards eat different types of flies, but they scare children.
- Rat snakes feed on rodents, mice, and rats; while cobras relish the sight of a rat snake.
- There are millions of insect species that are both beneficial and destructive to humans.
- These bugs, bees, fleas, ants, and cockroaches infest homes, offices, and farm lands.
Kinds Of Damage
Professional farmers are alert, and they save their crops using powerful, chemical-based pesticides. Homes, office rooms, garages, and back yard sheds have no such luxury. Tiny creatures enter human habitats and cause extensive damage. The top pest id experts say that prevention is helpful, but only identification can cure. Scientific knowledge and closer inspection are necessary to pinpoint the location of infestation. Labelling the bug is an important step in controlling, relocation, extermination, etc., to prevent further damage.
- Food that is stored in soft containers without air tight lids is a huge attraction. Ants feed on cooked or uncooked items, and sugar is their favourite dish.
- Termites and bugs create colonies, and their ability to rapidly destroy paper, furniture, wood, cardboard, clothing, books, etc., is renowned and recorded.
- Kitchen leftovers, uncovered food in the table, bread crumbs on the floor, etc., also attract small insects, birds, and animals as they have powerful vision and smell.
- Leaky pipes, humid basements, waterlogged drains, etc., attract centipedes and cockroaches. Their infestation is not only a nuisance, but also causes property loss.
- Trash cans, foliage, shrubs, deadwood, and large trees attract birds, bugs, beetles, honey bees, and other flying insects.
- Swarms and stinging varieties attack humans, and this leads to fevers, skin allergy, respiratory problems, etc.,
How To Identify?
Information is the key for preventing or controlling any type of bug infestation. The species’ diversity encumbers extermination and clearance operations. These following pest id tips are beneficial and informative for amateurs –
- The basic pests like mice, ants, bed bugs, spiders, cockroaches, etc., can be known easily. Their location, colour, size, shape, and bite can give useful hints.
- Aphids, bees, centipedes, crickets, fleas, ticks, fruit fleas, and whiteflies can also be identified. Their sounds, noises, colour, movement, and location give them away.
- Take the assistance of neighbours, friends, or colleagues without any inhibitions.
- Internet searches are also useful in recognising some common varieties of bugs.
- Professional support is compulsory for harmful flies, stinging bees, termites, etc.,
- Personal and up-close inspection is necessary for strange and surprising creatures.
- Experts know the pest’s type, life cycle, habits, reproductive needs, food choice, etc.,
- Scientific principles include control tactics and integrated management solutions.
Pest id is a specialised and scientific skill as there are millions of insect, bee, and bug species in Nature. The household pests cause extensive damage to plants, pets, humans, and property. They are attracted to food, leaking pipes, furniture, paper, plastic, damp, dark, and humid surroundings. Information, scientific knowledge, and professional experts are the key sources of accurate identification and protection.